Um, hi. I’m 30. Stop.
If I can log into a site with your credentials but you can’t, the problem is you.
one of my coworkers got a call (i work in a call center/tech support) from a customer that was really scared because supposedly the mafia was hacking her computer and they were stalking her…when finally my coworker took remote control of the computer he couldn’t stop laughing because
Calling me about something that happened a month ago and expecting me to remember all of the intimate details is annoying.
Then asking me why another person never emailed you back is just…asinine. I am not the department secretary. I am not the keeper of everyone’s schedules and lives. Call THEM.
Can this kid teach a class on how to properly email the Help Desk? Well done, sir.
- staff member: Since you guys have my damaged iPad, my boss gave me his and wiped it back to factory. I need help getting it set up.
- me: Okay-
- staff member: I'm about to walk into a meeting and I need it set up right now otherwise I'll have to take hand-written notes at the meeting. [Her office is all the way across campus and can only be accessed one way due to extensive construction]
- me: It doesn't take very long to set up-
- staff member: No I need someone to come here right now and do this. I don't have time to set it up, I've got to go to this meeting right now.
- me: *trying to find the fucks I give. Where are they?*
- me: I'll see what I can do.
- me: *drives over there and spends approximately 1 minute setting it up*
"Are you aware of anything you’re unaware of?"
Turns out it’s running Windows 7 and Office 2013, so no idea where ‘Microsoft 8’ came from….