HelpDeskWoes will be on vacation until Monday, April 21.
I don’t care what anyone says I am calling S Q L because its an acronym not a word!!!
While this is an exceptionally valid note, I would point out that DOS and RAM are both acronyms that are pronounced as words. So it’s not a hard and fast rule - some are pronounced as their letters, and some are pronounced as words.
"I want to know where to register for the fall semester. Went to self-service couldn’t find it"
Two of my student workers are CS majors.
One of them continually says things that make me wonder if this is really the line of work he should be going into.
For example he keeps calling it “C sharp” which makes my head hurt. He also says “ess queue ell” instead of “sequel”. Seriously?
You should know this, dude.
- staff member: I’m thinking that you are the one that I need to check with, if not who? I need to have a mailbox added to my PC from the KIP printer. Who takes care of this?
- IT staff member: Mae, is this a scan to print setup? I have no idea what the KIP printer is.
- me: I’m not sure I’m following you. Do you need to have a particular email set up for dedicated use by the KIP printer?
- staff member: What I am needing is the KIP request software loaded to my computer.
- Do I know what a KIP printer is? Vaguely. Do I know why she didn't just ask for that in the first place? No.
I just had a faculty member (from my old department, no less) bring me her laptop because the keyboard keys were beeping each time they were pressed.
After searching The Internets for an explanation to this aberrant behavior, I discovered she had fiddled around with the settings and enabled FilterKeys.
PEOPLE. If you don’t know what it does, DON’T CLICK IT.